Tuesday 29 September 2009

Make Me A Fashion Student


My biggest triumph of the year has been my acceptance into the London College of Fashion for a Masters degree in Fashion Journalism. (I am in all honesty bewildered as to how they let me slip onto the course!) It means however that I am soon to be surrounded by fashionistas- people with trendy, colourful haircuts and outrageous outfits. It’s therefore necessary that I too blend in with my artistic surroundings. I’ve already been through the haircut fiasco (last year whilst living in New York I decided to chop all of my hair off and I’m currently suffering from that ‘in-between’ lengths hair stage) so what else could I do?
We all know accessories can make or break an outfit, and I can't get enough statement rings. On my wishlist is Yves Saint Laurent Ring. The only problem is that I'm now running out of spare fingers!
As I've mentioned I LOVE handbags. I have one rule, though - they have to be ridiculously big (if I can find my keys within the minute then I know the handbag is just too small).
I tend to find most of my bags at vintage markets but I am desperate to invest in JJ Winters Fringe bag. This will be of course used purely to carry my course books…
I also need to invest in a staple piece for my wardrobe, something that can be adjusted so that it can be worn with a variety of different outfits. With this in mind I was instantly drawn to Topshop’s boyfriend blazer. Perfect over a summer dress, with jeans or for a smart event this blazer fits most outfits.
The last thing I require on my quest to becoming the perfect fashion student is a diary. I have picked up the awful habit of writing notes to myself on my hands and, besides a telling off from manicurists, this is not the best way to remember those oh so important dates. I therefore decided it was time to invest in a personal planner and was instantly attracted to Aspinal’s Bijou Organoser.

Having achieved my desired fashion college look, what’s left? Oh right, the work…

No comments:

Post a Comment