Tuesday 29 September 2009

Catwalk Confidential


My mother kindly purchased tickets for us both to see 'Catwalk Confidential' this evening. Brought to London from The Fringe this 'play' is a one woman show told by ex model Robyn Peterson. With no knowledge of Robyn Peterson I was intrigued to hear about her experiences being a model. What I did not expect was to end up watching a panto.
Don't get me wrong I was interested to hear what her experiences modelling for Vogue, Westwood, and Karl Lagerfeld were like...but yet she seemed to want to share more about her childhood than the highs of her successful modelling career. What a disappointment. No-one wants to hear about a fling with a random photographer. We do however want to hear who was a mega bitch in the industry and what luscious clothes she wore for each designer.
It seems to me that this ex model fancies her chances in the limelight once again, only this time on stage. I will admit however that the photographs of her as a young girl are stunning, particularly one of her posing as Marilyn Monroe. That was definitely iconic. It's just a shame that what could have made an intriguing biography was instead transformed into a panto!

No comments:

Post a Comment