Sunday 23 May 2010

The night with the stupid waiter..


I have glass in my foot.
Yes I am a drama queen, it is only a piece of glass the size of a tic tac but still I like to make a scene so I will moan about it. The best part is that this morning I went to my mum with a pair of tweezers and told her to work her magic (mum can do anything literally. I swear if someone turned up missing half an arm she'd magically sew it back together). So I sat, foot in air as mum (armed with tweezers) sat underneath and scraped away at my foot- can I point out here that due to bad sunburn on my back I was also only in pants, covered in after sun and due to the pain biting into a towel- and also tried to suck this piece of glass out of my foot. Now if that isn't family bonding God knows what is (my feet are RANK, that is definitely love if someone is sucking at my foot).
But how did I get this glass stuck in my foot? Well imagine a real life Fawlty Towers Manuel but without the whole 'I know nothing' comical catch phrase. This waiter at the restaurant was so bad that not only did he manage to drop two bottles of water on my friend, and take two hours to get tap water, but he could not for the love of him work out our orders, meaning that the guy to my left ended up taking his order pad and taking the orders himself.
Then Manuel aka stupid useless waiter managed to knock over an empty bottle, it smashed everywhere and sed bit of glass managed to work it's way up my sandals and into my foot. We did get two free bottles of booze to say sorry but I don't drink white wine (of course I did when it was free, I'll eat or drink anything free) so I find that apology unacceptable. In fact I may now just write a very angry review on london eating. Yeah, that would really get to him.

See we all had fun despite waiter from hell.... this is everyone in the lift at Covent Garden as stolen from Tony. Everyone's happy in a lift.

1 comment: