Friday 18 June 2010

The Rules

Sometimes I hate being a woman.
I know that women fought for our rights to vote, and that we now have so much going for us but I seriously at times HATE being a woman.
Every single thing that we do has to be done in a particular way.

For example:

A guy can only make baked beans on toast- that's fine he's a man. A woman can only make beans on toast- that's odd.
A woman crashes into the car in front- simple she's a woman driver. A man crashes into the car in front- the car in front must be a woman driver.
A woman gets a promotion- that's because she has massive boobs. A guy gets a promotion- that's because he's a hard working guy.
A woman raises her voice and gets angry- it's her time of the month. A guy raises his voice- LAD.
A woman kisses more than one guy on a night out- SLUT. A guy kisses more than one girl on a night out...and a little bit more- LAD.
A girl asks a guy out- stalker. A guy asks a girl out- gentleman.





I could continue but fear that I could go on for quite a while. I'm not by any means a feminist. I do find women who cry a lot very disturbing,and I did watch that advert for vodafone where the daughter cries to her dad about breaking up with her husband/boyfriend and was too upset to drive her car particularly annoying. Why the hell did she have to call her dad and disturb him in a meeting, man up and drive the car yourself you stupid woman.
This came more to my attention when my best friend yesterday who is female told me that she hated to have her food cooked in a restaurant by a woman. To quote her 'there are just some professions that should be done by men'. I tried to debate that women usually were the ones connected to cooking, but she shook her head. 'I know that, but that's at home. Chefs in restaurants should be men.' Let me point out my friend is VERY un PC at the best of times. She finished her meal and I asked her how it was only for her to respond 'Good, but would have been better if a man had cooked it.' And this is coming from a woman...

No comments:

Post a Comment